Sunday, October 26, 2008

I flocked a monkey...

Most of you know that I work part time at Archivers. One of my jobs is as a Mania Hostess. Mania is a 6 hour crop we do from 5-11pm on Friday and Saturday nights. I really enjoy hosting Manias because I get a chance to create a make and take project. I typically do cards.

One night one of the ladies who came to mania was wearing a T-Shirt that said, "Spooning leads to Forking". We (the employees) thought it was funny and then one of them said, "Stamping leads to Flocking". Now that little quote is written on the white board in the stockroom.

Leave it to me to take it one step further. I love the Changito the monkey line of stamps from Stampendous. The holiday set is just too stinkin' cute. So tonight as I announced my make and take project for the evening I said to the crowded room of ladies, "Tonight we're gonna flock the monkey" giggles broke out immediately.

This is the card we did. I keep the layouts and techniques simple so they can be done quickly (there are up to 32 people at mania on any given night). We stamped the skating Changito with black Stazon. Next we used Versamark to stamp the Happy Holidays and embossed it with silver. We colored Changito's accessories with Twinklette glitter markers (the photo doesn't show the sparkle). Now comes the fun part...we colored Changito's body, legs, arms and tail with a quickie glue pen and the added brown flocking. Voila! a fuzzy monkey. We inked the edges with versamagic ink in Ocean Depth and added DP by S.E.I and red velvet rick rack. Cute and easy peasy.

Have you ever flocked a monkey??? If not you should try it!

No comments: