Friday, April 22, 2011

This is my life...

Wow, hard to believe that this is my first post of 2011! 

Where have I been???

What have I been doing???

Well lets just say that the life of the unemployed is about as exciting as watching paint dry most of the time.  I have been posting fairly regularly on my craft blog but I haven't had much I felt like blogging about in my personal life so this little blog has been sadly neglected. 

This past year has been HARD, really hard. I feel like I am stuck. Like I am driving in a blizzard and can't see the direction I should be going or even the destination I am heading towards. I don't like that feeling. I keep asking myself the same questions.

How did I get here, and where do I go from here?   

What am I supposed to be doing?

When will I see the light at the end of the tunnel? 

I have to have faith. Faith that everything will eventually be ok. Faith that HE has a plan for me even if I can't see it right now. Faith that I can do whatever it takes to get through this. 


Because I don't allow myself to wallow in pity for very long (a little wallowing is healthy...right?) I have to acknowledge the positive things that I have enjoyed during the past year. 




I have had LOTS of time for crafty projects. They have kept my mind and my hands busy. I have spent time during the day with other crafty friends and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning creating. I have had the chance to build my hobby into a small business, not enough to live on but every little bit helps. 

I have read LOTS and LOTS of books! I love reading and I can get lost in a book so easily. I read more than 100 books in 2010. I haven't had that luxury in a very long time and I am really enjoying it. 

I have succumbed to my body clock and my inner night owl. I enjoy staying up until 3:00 or 4:00am reading, crafting or sometimes even cleaning. I also enjoy sleeping in until 10am. When I have to adhere to someone else's schedule I will need some time to adjust, but for now this is how I roll and I am loving it.


I have had the chance to volunteer my time to various projects, friends in need and charities. There is nothing better to raise your spirits than to serve someone else. 

I have enjoyed lots of good times with great friends! More on that in future posts, stay tuned. 


Yes, this is my life and as Kate would say, "It might not be a perfect life but it's my life."

   

No comments: