Friday, November 5, 2010

Live, Love, Laugh

This thankful post is all about 

Living...
           Loving...
                        Laughing

#3
Living in Colorado

I may have been born in California but I am a Colorado girl at heart.


The kids in this video went to school with my daughter
and I think they did a great job of summing up Colorado girls.

I really do love it here. I grew up on the western slope in
Grand Junction and this was in my back yard.
Colorado National Monument photo found here

Now the Mile High City is my home.
Photo found here
Colorado really does have everything I love (except a beach).


#4


Some of little things I love.
These are a few of the every day things 
that will always bring a smile to my face.


1. Baby Laughs
2. Clean sheets and towels
3. Cards, letters and packages in the mailbox
4. Bubble baths
5. Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
6. Birthday Candles
7. Good music
8. Cupcakes
9. Disney Movies
10. Blog Comments :)


#5
Girlfriends who make me laugh.
Throughout my life I have always been privileged to have great girlfriends. Life moves on and some friendships remain close, others fade, and new friendships are made. Some of my fondest memories are of laughing with girlfriends, often until our sides and cheeks hurt.

I love how I can speak to old friends and remember fun times like they were yesterday even if life has taken over and we haven't spoken in a long time. Just the mention of the ice cube incident,  shopping for Dark Helmet, a certain Sarah Lee cheesecake, Hoppy Burfdae or Mr Microdot brings a smile to my face to this day.
(If you were involved in these memories you know who you are.)

I love how girlfriends can make you laugh when you really feel like crying and then still be there when you remember what you were crying about.

Girlfriends are like chocolate for the soul. 

Today I am thankful for the laughter brought on by girlfriends...past and present.

.

1 comment:

Angie Dean said...

ahhh, I love you too! Actually, I am quite fond of the whole lot of ya. I hope that your Christmas was pleasant and peaceful. I have hopes to be seeing you this year. Have a wonderful wonderful 201.