Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hybrid Bella / SU baby shower card



I made this card for my boss at Archiver's and I love the way it came out. Going to a baby shower with a bunch of Archivers employees there is a lot of pressure to come uo with something good, I wouldt think of walking in with a store bought card (although admittedly life got in the way and some did...we'll see if they get raises..jk)




I used Teddybella on the outside and paper pieced her clothes. All of the DP is from a Stemma baby boy paper pack on found on clearance for $4 at Target..I love a good bargain! I colored her with my zig markers (bc I am still saving for copics) and flocked the teddy bear with brown flocking. I also added a blie paperclip swirl and just a touch of baby blue dotted swiss ribbon in the corner. I used a chocolate A2 card from the Archiver's Yours truly line. I love these cards, they are pre-scored and come in lots of great colors and have matching envelopes. They make card making so easy (and score extra points with the boss). For the inside I used the SU Baby talk set. I love the cradle with the baseball flying out...tooc cute. I paper pieced the cradle and added a square brad. To finish it off I combined lines from two of the sentiment stamps in the set to create "congratulations on your bundle of boy". I love how this came out and think it is the perfect combo of stamps for a shower card.



No comments: