Friday, March 6, 2009

Perplexed...

I work in an office building in the Denver Tech Center. We used to have the whole fifth floor and the bathrooms were all ours. Now we have moved to a smaller space on the second floor and the bathrooms are shared with other second floor offices.

For the past few weeks there has been something that has bugged me each and every time I use the restroom. Now get your minds out of the toliet because this is not THAT kind of post.

Whenever I use the bathroom I take the handicapped stall if it is available. I would not push a handicapped person out if the way to get it, I just like having more space without the TP dispenser jamming into my knee. Lately, every time I used said hanicapped accessible stall it seems someone has been leaving little gifts for me (again minds out of the gutter).

Let me explain with a picture, (yes I took my camera into the bathroom).

I swear, EVERY time I use this stall someone has left ONE SQUARE of toilet paper on the top of the dispenser. The first time I saw it I thought nothing of it and tossed it into the toilet as I flushed. The next time I went back a new single square had taken it's place. Now no matter what I do they are there to greet me each and every time. Why??? There is a full roll of toilet paper in the dispenser, why would someone save just one square. I am perplexed, and a bit obsessed with these little white squares.

Now each time I go back (and I drink a LOT of water during the day so ..ya know) I see that single sqaure and try to figure out it's origin. These are some of my recent theories;

1. Someone took 11 squares instead of their normal 10 and with the economy they are trying to be frugal.

2. It is an offering to the toilet gods, one I was never aware was supposed to be made...AAAAHHHH, I've been doing it wrong all of these years!!!!!

3. It is a gift from the potty fairy to be used only in case of emergency.

4. Someone actually thinks that the next person may want or need an extra square when there is a full roll just inches below.

If someone reading my blog has been leaving me these gifts...enough already...it kinda freaks me out!

3 comments:

Debra said...

odd...indeed :) I'm perplexed too. Maybe you should start leaving something too...
I like your new design. Very cool.

Becca said...

Very curious indeed. I love the new look of your page. Suck on that Summer!

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe, your crack me up girlie!