Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Virtual" Friends

Do you have friends you have never even met? People who you may talk to daily but only know them by a thumbnail picture. I call them my "virtual" friends, and I have lots of them. We discuss our lives, our families and kids, our addictions to shopping for the newest in crafty supplies and rubber stamps. We send RAK's (random acts of kindness) and enable each other's obsessions. Most of my virtual friends are crafty women I must admit, but I bet there are groups of out there for nearly every hobby you can think of. The internet gives us all a way to share our passions with a click of the computer.

Since entering the bloggasphere about a year ago I have met people from around the world. I have friends all over the US, Canada, UK, France, Mexico, Sweden and even a new friend from Qatar (and yes, I had to do a Google search to find out where that is).

A real friend of mine (one I actually go out with in person from time to time) gave me the Who's that eGirl stamp set from My Favorite Things for Christmas. It was made especially for my virtual friends, how cool is that?

This is the card I made for my virtual BFF Tangii. She is my Sistah on the Bellaholics yahoo group and she is the bestest. Supplies--> DP Basic Grey , Stamp- Who's That eGirl- MFT, Copic markers, prima flowers. Technique---> paper piecing. Maybe a few more of my virtual friends will be getting these. The set comes with some great sentiments like, "Happy Bloggaversary", "You've Got Mail", "Sending {{{Hugs}}}", "I {Heart} You" and "For my Sweet Cyber Sister".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! This card is the super cutest ever!!! I love it and it looks fantabulous in my office! :) LeAnne is the most Rockinest Dudley chick ever!!! So glad you are FINALLY my Sistah!!!